The mission of the Servants of God’s Presence is to serve the others through friendship and to educate them with complete humanity.
The contemplative-active religious community of the Servants of God’s presence was founded in 1994 by Rev.Thierry de Roucy.
This community answers to the desire of young female Heart’s Home volunteers to give themselves entirely to God and devote their lives to the charism of Compassion.
Since its creation, the community has grown to 30 sisters representing nowadays five different nationalities. The congregation is recognized as a Public Association of the Faithful by the Bishop of Frejus-Toulon (France).
The sisters work in relation with the different branches of Heart’s Home. They live in small communities of five or six sisters located in France, Peru, El salvador and since 2003, some of them have joined the ministry of Heart’s Home in New York.
True and simple relationships with one another result in a fruitful companionship that constitutes a real support on their way to God. The Servants of God’s presence pray every day through the liturgy of the hours, the rosary, the lectio divina, the Mass and the Adoration. Every month, they spend one day in solitude and silence and they also take a yearly spiritual retreat.
- Sister Albane in Peru, 2009.
The sisters embody the charism of Compassion by:
- visiting the loneliest and most suffering in their neighborhood.
- opening their homes to everyone, becoming thus a loving and peaceful presence for their friends.
- offering spiritual education which may include teaching catechism classes, leading retreats, organizing youth groups or summer camps…
- serving Heart’s Home organization, taking part in the communication and the orientation programs of the Missionaries as well as by accompanying each one of them during their Mission.