Heart’s Home USA in New York
Achievements and needs
In New York City
- We provide companionship to more than 150 families, often in one to one settings;
- We visit two nursing homes and one shelter weekly
- We organize monthly retreats for our community and holiday gatherings;
- We visit with over 70 artists in need of companionship, encouragement and emotional support and organize artist residencies.
In Woodbourne, NY, at the International Center for a Culture of Compassion (ICCC)
- We create events for the community: exhibitions, concerts, ethnic meals;
- We organize group and individual retreats for visitors from across the globe.
We need your help as …
- We work to increase the number of people we reach in the housing projects of Fort Green, Brooklyn, NY;
- We start visiting one new shelter in Manhattan, NY;
- We create a twice monthly spiritual gathering in Manhattan, NY;
- We extend our activities and outreach in Sullivan County, NY.